- First-time passports
- Renewals for passports issued before the applicant was 16 years of age (see "Passports for Children" below)
- Renewals for expired passports issued more than 15 years ago*
- Replacements for lost, stolen, or damaged passports
- Passport photos
*All other renewals (except for child renewals) are handled via mail directly by the U.S. Passport Service. Download a mail-in renewal form from the State Department website.
PASSPORTS FOR CHILDREN
Applicants ages 0-15: Both parents AND applicant/child need to be present. Please visit the State Department website to determine what you need to bring to your appointment.
Applicants age 16 and 17: Only one parent AND the applicant/child need to be present. Please visit the State Department website to determine what you need to bring to your appointment.
Burlingame Public Library (Main). 480 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA.
Library parking is metered. Meters accept quarters only. Library parking is extremely limited, so please be sure to arrive with enough time to find parking. Late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
(by appointment only)
New Hours Beginning Monday, April, 9, 2018
Monday 11:00-3:00 pm
Wednesday 5:00-8:00 pm
Thursday 5:00-8:00 pm
Saturday 11:00-3:00 pm
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
Phone reservations not accepted. MULTIPLES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNDER ONE APPOINTMENT. You must book one 15-minute appointment per person. Book an appointment online:
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
To cancel your appointment, please refer to your confirmation email.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please bring the following:
- DS-11 form completed in black ink (for both new and renewal applications). This form must be completed prior to your appointment.
- Previous passport, if you have one.
- Your checkbook (cash & credit card not accepted). You will need two separate checks to pay for your passport services.
- Evidence of Citizenship: Visit the Department of State website for acceptable documents.
- Current and valid identification: ID & copy of ID (back and front).
- One passport photo (without glasses), which can be taken at the library for an additional fee of $15.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early. All late arrivals MUST reschedule for another appointment.
Checks are the only acceptable form of payment for passport services. Cash and credit card not accepted. Separate checks are needed for processing passports and passport photos.
Passport fee: varies. Please visit the State Department website for a breakdown of passport fees, payable to U.S. State Department
Passport execution fee: $35, payable to Burlingame Public Library*
Passport photos: $15, payable to Burlingame Public Library
*Please note that on 4/2/2018, the passport execution fee increased to $35.
How long will it take to process my passport?
Please visit state the State Department website for up-to-date processing times.
I need my passport right away. Can I expedite my passport the process?
Yes, you may expedite your passport. Please see the State Department website for details and fees. For more immediate processing, please visit the San Francisco Passport Agency.