Hoopla is an online service that gives you access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, Comic Books, Movies, Music, and Television shows. Hoopla can be used on mobile devices, TV streaming players, and computers. Not all libraries have a subscription to Hoopla and you will need a card that starts with 29041, 29042, 29044, 29045, or 29047 in order to access it.
How to get started?
- You must have a valid library card
- Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/
- Click on Get Started
- Create an account by entering an email address and password
- When asked to choose your library select "Burlingame Public Library (CA)"
- Enter your library card number and PIN
How does hoopla work?
- You can check out 10 items per month. Your account resets at the beginning of each month.
- Movies & TV Shows lend for 3 days
- Music lends for 7 days
- eAudiobooks, eBooks, and Comics lend for 21 days
- No late fees.
The Burlingame Library is excited to give patrons access to over 30,000 films for free through Kanopy, a streaming video service. All you need is your library card and you can start watching feature films, award-winning documentaries, hard to find titles, the Criterion Collection, the Great Courses, and more all with no fees and no commercials. New titles are added every month.
How Do I Get Started?
You must have a Burlingame Public Library card with a number that begins with “29042.” Other Peninsula Library System locations offer Kanopy. If your library is not listed below, contact your local library.
San Mateo County Library (Cards start with "29041")
Menlo Park Library (Cards start with "29044")
Redwood City Library (Cards start with "29045")
San Mateo Public Library (Cards start with "29047")
South San Francisco Library (Cards start with "29048")
Setting up an account with Kanopy requires only a few steps:
- Go to burlingame.kanopy.com
- Click the orange "Continue" button.
- Click "Sign up" and create an account using one of the following three methods: Facebook, Google, or email address.
- Go to your email inbox and look for a message from Kanopy instructing you to verify your email address.
- After you have verified your email address, go back to Kanopy and add your 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- Download the Kanopy app for your preferred viewing device (iOS, Android, Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku).
- Click on "Watch Now" to start viewing.
- 10 play credits each month
- 3 days to watch each film once you press play
- Play credits reset on the 1st of the month
- No late fees.