We welcome Kindergarteners through 8th graders to be paired with a Teen Mentor (with a 3.5+ GPA) for help with reading, writing, science, math, and languages including Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, French, Turkish, and Tamil.
Please email Teen Librarian Jenny with any questions: email@example.com
- *America: History & Life (Full Text) Information on the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present
- Black Freedom Struggle in the United States: A Selection of Primary Sources
This website contains approximately 1,600 documents focused on six different phases of Black Freedom:
- California Missions eBooks Twenty California missions eBooks that can be read online, available free: username: missions password: missions
- *History Reference Center Covering both U.S. and world history topics
- *E-Books An extensive collection of popular fiction and non-fiction children's and teen books available in a variety of formats, including Kindle, EPUB, Adobe PDF eBooks and WMA and MP3 eAudiobooks.
- *Literary Reference Center Plus: Information about authors and their writings
- Teaching Books: Book Guides & Lesson Plans
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Dictionary with audio pronunciations
- Reading Rockets Resources to help struggling readers build phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
- *Science Reference Center: Reference books, biographies and more information related to different science topics
- Khan Academy: Offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace. Focuses on math, science, computing, history, art history, economics, and more, including K-14 and test preparation (SAT, Praxis, LSAT) content.
- National Geographic Kids
- Photomath (app): Reads and solves mathematical problems instantly by using the camera of your mobile device. Check your work for any printed or handwritten problems. Learn how to approach math problems through clear steps and detailed instructions.
- *Biography Reference Center: Reliable full-text biographies
- Black Women in History: Be inspired by an exceptional group of women in this collection of videos and web-exclusive features
- World FactBook: Key fact, maps, statistics, demographics, and a brief history of many countries
- *Britannica School: a database of information on a wide variety of subjects for elementary, middle,and high school students and teachers.
- *Explora: Elementary School: (Grades K-5) Find topic overviews, articles from encyclopedias and magazines, biographies and more
- *Explora: Middle School: (Grades 6 -8) Find topic overviews, articles from encyclopedias and magazines, biographies and more
- *Newspaper Source Plus: Provides full-text digital collection of the world's major news content
- *Points of View Reference Center: Contains resources that present multiple sides of an issue
- ABCya! Over 300 fun and educational games for grades PreK through 6. Our activities are designed by parents and educators, who understand that children learn better if they are having fun
- *ABC Mouse
- Funbrain Offers hundreds of games, books, comics, and videos that develop skills in math, reading, problem-solving and literacy
How to place a hold using the library catalog
Need help? Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails will be answered within 48 hours