Our contactless Curbside Pickup service just got easier. Simply place a hold on items that you want through the catalog, just like you used to before. Once your item is ready, we will email you. But now, the email notification directs you to a page on our website to book an online appointment for Curbside Pickup of your materials.
Click Here to access the catalog
eBooks and eAudiobooks
- OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Tumble Books: (animated books)
- O'Reilly Tech Books: technology, creative, and business books from leading publishers.
- Enki : Over 3400 books. No library card is required, no hold queues, if you are physically located in the state of California, you're in!
- Open Library: Useful for out of print books or public domain titles.
- Kanopy: access to over 30,000 films and Kids content, including feature films, award-winning documentaries, hard to find titles, the Criterion Collection, the Great Courses, and more all with no fees and no commercials. New titles are added every month.
- RBDigital Magazines: Complete digital versions of your favorite magazines available anytime on your smartphone tablet, or computer. There are over 3700 titles to choose from.
- The New York Times: Free access to the NYT courtesy of the California State Library
- Pronunciator: Pronunciator is a fun and free way to learn any of with Personalized Courses, movies, music, and more. Includes new COVID-19 language course in 101 languages.
The Burlingame Mainl Library's Wifi connection will reach the parking areas surrounding the library. Between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM, you can park in the lot and use our Wifi. Simply choose "Burlingame Library" and click "Accept" on the user agreement that pops up. Please maintain social distancing and keep the side of the library clear for staff who are providing Curbside Pickup Services.
Me, You, We: A Community Podcast: Did you know that the Burlingame Library made a podcast in 2016 that featured the stories of Burlingame residents and some of our own staff members? If you never heard it, try it out. Each episode introduces you to a member of the community, either through a single story or a more comprehensive conversation about their life.
Click here to find our staff curated booklists. If you can't find a title that you're interested in as an eBook, send us an email at email@example.com and we will see if we can order it.
Do you miss sitting in the Library or using our study rooms for meetings? We've created a set of virtual backgrounds that you can use in Zoom. These backgrounds work great if you need a neutral background for a meeting. They may also help you feel like you're getting "out of the office" and taking a trip to the library.
Burlingame Public Library Virtual Background Pack
Zoom Computer Requirements
(These are the types of handouts and resources you'd find at the Library's bulletin board)
- San Mateo County Community Services Finder - SMC Connect provides detailed information about the services available in San Mateo County. You can also request a hard copy of the Community Information Handbook here: https://hsa.smcgov.org/handbooks
- San Mateo County Health Department Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Updates
- San Mateo County Voter Registration and Information
- California DMV Educational Materials (e.g. Handbooks and Sample Tests)
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) San Mateo County Newsletters
Ancestry.com - Usually only available in the library, we worked with Ancestry so that you can use it from home during the closure.
Burlingame Library Research Page - an alphabetical list of our databases and suggested resources.
- Zoom Help Center - We use Zoom for a variety of programs. Refer to their Help Center if you are having trouble connecting.
- DigitalLearn Training - If you are new to computers, haven't used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, DigitalLearn.org has the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
- Find Low-Cost Internet Service and Computers in Your Area
- Video Tutorials - Learn how to sign up for a library card, set up a Bibliocommons account, and more