California Drive Roundabout Project
Plans and Specifications covering the work may be obtained by prospective bidders upon application and a cash, check, or credit card non-refundable deposit of $125.00, or $150.00 if contract documents are mailed (USPS only), at Public Works Engineering, 501 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA 94010.
There was mandatory pre-bid meeting on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at 10:00 A.M. in Conference Room A at City Hall. Please click here to view the sign-in sheet. The revised bid opening date is Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 2:00 P.M.
Attention: Interested Contractors are required to purchase a complete set of plans and specifications from City of Burlingame in order to be listed on the project planholders list and to be eligible to bid on this project. It is the responsibility of the bidder to confirm the existence of any and all addenda.
Additional Information: The project goal is to implement Traffic Calming measures by addressing an existing pedestrian and bicycling safety concern brought on by complicated intersection traffic movements, with the lack of clear right-of-way determination between pedestrians, bicycles, and vehicles. The project components include:
- Median islands with “Green Streets” sustainable landscaping and storm drainage management system;
- Comprehensive inclusion of “Complete Streets” components to better facilitate pedestrian and bicycle access;
- Fully designed traffic roundabout;
- Yield signs and traffic channelizers at all entry approaches of roundabout to regulate and deflect traffic into proper one-way counterclockwise flow;
- Roadway realignment and grading to accommodate the planned geometric curvature of the road to slow entry of high speed vehicles;
- Highlighted pedestrian crosswalks;
- New handicap access ramps; and
- Bikeway improvements such as Class I or Class II bike lanes, with shared-lane markings (SHARROWS) as an absolute minimum; and
- Resurface California Drive between Oak Grove Avenue and Burlingame Avenue.
The project schedule is as follows:
|Nov. 2017||Constructibility review|
|Dec. 2017||Design Completion|
|Jan. 2018||Project will be advertised for bidding|
|Feb. 2018||Bid Opening|
|Mar. 2018||Project will be awarded by City Council|
|Apr. 2018||Contractor submittal review|
|May 2018||Start of Construction|
|Dec. 2018||Estimated completion of the project|