Get Involved

Organizations Reaching Out to the Community for Assistance

Adopt a Drain
The City has launched an Adopt a Drain program where residents, students, and businesses can adopt a storm drain near their home, school, or work. Adopting a drain means pledging to remove litter and leaves on top of their drain. Visit www.burlingame.org/adoptadrain to get started.

America Supporting Americans
Burlingame's Adopted Unit is Bravo Company, 1/327, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) known as the Screaming Eagles. Donations are always welcome at the Fire Station at 799 California Drive where volunteers box up all donations and send them to our troops in Iraq. 

Burlingame Library
The Burlingame Library relies on volunteers to help in many ways. To learn more about volunteering at the Library, please click here.

Burlingame Pet Parade
The annual Burlingame Pet Parade is held in the Fall. For information, including photos of previous parades, visit www.burlingamepetparade.com. Information on the parade will be posted on the City Calendar and the eNewsletter. 

Burlingame Police K-9 Unit Seeks Support
The Burlingame Police Department is always looking for financial assistance to support the purchase, training, equipment, and maintenance of police canines. The cost of a trained police canine and equipment is approximately $13,000.00, which is difficult to fund without help. For information about donating to the Burlingame Police Department canine unit, contact Sergeant Jim Ford, K-9 Coordinator at 650-777-4140 or by email at ford@burlingamepolice.org.

Volunteers Needed To Help Keep Burlingame Beautiful
Upon entering Burlingame at Broadway from 101 you may see trash and weeds in the interchange landscaping which is not a good image for Burlingame. This property belongs to the State, so several local citizens contacted Caltrans and adopted the plot at Rollins Road which is bounded by the north- and southbound off-ramps. Since these volunteers are not allowed to work alone in this area, they are asking for more volunteers. Adults are needed who can give 1 or 2 hours per month of light physical labor to pick up trash, pull weeds, and/or transplant cuttings of the existing groundcover. CalTrans provides the necessary equipment. Volunteers must view a "safety" video before their first work day. Interested persons should contact Rebecca Haseleu at 650-342-7861 or email rhaseleu@gmail.com