The California State Library is pleased to offer six FREE digital platforms for all public libraries in California to help communities recover from the pandemic. These platforms will be available for one year (until September 2022) and are primarily funded by the American Rescue Plan Act.
Try a new course online, brush up on job skills, and improve your experience level for resumes.
All tools will be available to library users until September 2024.
- Coursera: Build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies.
- GetSetUp: An online community of people who want to learn new skills, connect with others and unlock new life experiences designed specifically for older adults.
- Learning Express Library: A learning tool designed to help students and professionals at all levels of learning achieve their educational and career-related goals.
- LinkedIn Learning: An online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos.
- Northstar: A tool that provides assessments, instructor-led curricula and self-directed online learning for basic digital literacy skills.
- Skillshare: An online learning platform with thousands of creative courses and classes taught by experts to help you learn new skills. New memberships are no longer available. Patrons with memberships prior to October 1, 2023 will be able to continue their usage, but Skillshare will not be accepting any new members leading up to the end date of September 2024.