Sign Up or Stop Service

How do I sign up for water service? 
No deposit is required to sign-up for water and sewer service. However, we require that you complete a water service application, which is downloadable here:

 Water service applications here: Residential Customers (Online) | Residential Customers (PDF) |Commercial Customers (pdf)  

There are several ways to get your water service started. You may:

  • Sign up in person at the Utility Billing Office located at City Hall, 501 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA 94010.
  • FAX the signed application to (650) 685-6138.
  • Print, scan (in PDF) and email a signed copy of the application to waterdept@burlingame.org
  • Drop off your signed application into one of our convenient drop boxes located at the entrance to City Hall.

You can confirm that we have received your application by contacting the Utility Billing Office at (650) 558-7210.

Please be aware that if the water has been previously turned off at the property, you (or someone representing you) is required to be present when the water is turned back on. That person will need to have access to the inside of the house in order to check the faucets. Water service turn-ons are scheduled on weekdays between 9am and 12pm or between 1pm and 3pm. Please call us for more information.


How do I end my water service?
If you would like to end your water service, you must contact us so that we can process your request. You can request to end your water service by:

  • Calling the Utility Billing Office at (650) 558-7210, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
  • Sending an email to waterdept@burlingame.org with 1) your service address, location of water service, and 2) your account number, located in the upper right-hand corner of your water bill, and 3) the date you would like to end your water service. 
  • Stopping by the Utility Billing Office located at City Hall, 501 Primrose Road and let us know.

Please note that we cannot backdate your shutoff request. We must read the meter in order to process your request. 

Do I, as a landlord, have to fill out an application to transfer water service back into my name in between tenants?
If you would like to have water service at your rented property transfer back into your name in between tenants automatically, there is a form you can request from the Utility Billing Office by calling (650)558-7210 or by emailing waterdept@burlingame.org.

How do I update my account information?
You may update account information such as your mailing address, name change, and telephone number by:

  • Mailing a completed Request for Mailing Address Change (pdf) form to the Utility Billing Office, 501 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA, 94010.
  • Dropping it off in-person at the Utility Billing Office or at one of the drop-boxes located at the entrance to City Hall and the exit from the City Hall parking lot.
  • Emailing your requested changes to waterdept@burlingame.org. Be sure to include your account number and service address in the email.
  • Making changes directly on your billing stub and send in with your next payment.
  • Visiting us in-person at City Hall.