Village Park Preschool
Village Park Preschool is a developmental preschool program offered by the City of Burlingame Parks and Recreation Department. We offer 5 programs: Lil’ Sprouts (2 years old), Cottage Kids (3 years old), and Playschool Villagers (4 years old). The emphasis of the program is physical, social, and emotional growth in a child-centered environment. Activities are designed to foster a healthy child that develops an early love of learning. Village Park Preschool programs strive to create an environment inspiring each child’s individual creativity and self-expression. Children participate in arts/crafts, music, body movement, basic science, cognitive games, creative/dramatic play, cooking, circle and story time, fine and gross motor skill building, and phonics awareness.
Fall 2021 Registration Information:
Registration for Village Park Preschool will be based on a lottery system for the 2021-2022 school year. The lottery will take place virtually on Wednesday, February 24 at 7:00pm via Zoom Video Conferencing. Prospective preschool students pre-registered for the lottery on 2/22 and 2/23 - the Zoom link will be emailed to those that attended the pre-registration process. Pre-registration is now closed. Please call on or after Thursday, February 25 to be placed on the waiting list or to register for open spot.
Read carefully for the lottery procedures:
- You must be a Burlingame resident to participate in the lottery and you need to submit your required paperwork in advance during the Paperwork Submittal Hours listed below, including:
- Proof of residency (your most recent residential phone or PG&E bill with parent’s name listed)
- Your child’s birth certificate (original + 1 copy for us to keep)
- Parent’s photo ID
- Payment information (debit/credit card or check payable to City of Burlingame)
- Village Park Preschool Paperwork (to be provided at the Paperwork Submittal Hours)
On the pre-registration form, please select an appointment time to complete your paperwork. The paperwork should take approximately 15-30 minutes.
- Monday, February 22, 11:30am-1pm
- Tuesday, February 23, 4:30-6:00pm
You may not participate in the lottery if you do not submit the above items during one of the Paperwork Submittal times. No exceptions will be made. (No mortgage payments or lease agreements will be allowed as proof of residency). Grandparents’ addresses do not qualify as residency.
- Those who pre-register and submit their paperwork in advance will be emailed a link to Zoom for the lottery, which will begin at 7pm. Non-residents and those who did not complete pre-registration and paperwork submittal will be served on a first come-first served basis Thursday, February 25th, by calling 650-558-7300.
- When the lottery begins, random names will be drawn. Registrations will be taken in the order that the names are called. Only one name per family will be included and you may register your child(ren) when your name is called (pending space available).
- All fees are due at the time of registration. A $125 fee will be charged for any registration transfers, refunds, credits, etc. for all preschool registrations. A pro-rated refund will only be issued if a replacement student can be found. If a pro-rated refund is issued, the $125 fee will still be assessed. No exceptions to this policy. Any discrepancies in residency discovered after registration will result in the child(ren) being removed from the program without a refund.
- Please note, currently enrolled students and siblings have priority to register, some classes may already be full. Please call 650-558-7310 after February 13 for availability.
Please Note: Enrollment will be based on the current recommendations for class sizes during COVID-19. If we are able to expand classes back to our typical sizes before or during the school year, we will do so and start by contacting those on the waiting list.
Lil’ Sprouts (age 2 by 9/1/21, born between 9/2/18 & 9/1/19)
The Lil’ Sprouts program provides the opportunity for your 2 year olds to play and interact with other children their age in a safe, stimulating and relaxed environment. Age appropriate activities will be provided in arts, crafts, music, cooking, story time and outdoor play. We help your child to socialize with others in a polite and respectful way, to prepare our Lil’ Sprouts for our Cottage Kids program. Children need not be potty trained; however, extra clothing and diapers should be brought to class. Proof of birth date is required at registration. Class size is limited to 14 children. Come let your sprouts grow with us at The Village!
30101.01 33 classes M/W 9:00-11:15am 8/30-1/12 Fee: $736R $881NR
30101.02 34 classes Tu/Th 9:15-11:30am 8/31-1/13 Fee: $758R $907NR
Cottage Kids (age 3 by 9/1/21, born between 9/2/17 & 9/1/18)
This recreational program helps to give your 3 year old the opportunity to cultivate their physical, social, and emotional growth in a child-centered environment. To prepare them for the next level, we expose your children to arts/crafts, story-telling, music, movement, listening skills, science, sensory, and outdoor activities. Village Park Preschool programs strive to create an environment inspiring each child’s individual creativity and self-expression. Students must be toilet trained. Proof of birth date is required.
30103.01 51 classes Tu/Th/F 9:00 am-12 noon 8/31-1/14 Fee: $1,504R $1,802NR
Playschool Villagers (age 4 by 9/1/21, born between 9/2/16 & 9/1/17)
This program helps prepare your Pre-Kindergartner for “real school” in a child-centered environment. In Villagers, we provide a well-rounded learning experience through arts/crafts, music, body movement, basic science, pre-math, creative/dramatic play, cooking, circle and story time, fine and gross motor skill building, and phonics awareness. Children also expand their social skills by learning to be considerate of others, to follow directions, to listen, and to cooperate. Village Park Preschool programs strive to create an environment inspiring each child’s individual creativity and self-expression. We expose your child to new experiences through our field trips to places in our community. Students must be toilet trained. Proof of birth date is required at registration.
30104.01 50 classes M/W/F 8:40 am-12:40 pm 8/30-1/14 Fee: $1,962R $2,352NR
Fall 2020 Preschool Holiday Schedule
Monday, September 6 - Labor Day
Monday, October 11 - Indigenous Peoples’ Day
Thursday, November 11 - Veteran’s Day
Wed-Friday, November 24-26 - Thanksgiving Days
December 20-January 2 - Winter Break
Due to COVID-19, tours will not be available this year. Check back for a video tour in the coming weeks.
Current 2020-2021 School Year
Classes for the 2020-2021 School Year are currently full. Call the Recreation Center to be added to the waiting list – 650-558-7300.