Picnic Permit Cancellations & Information
You must notify Burlingame Parks and Recreation of any cancellations 14 calendar days before the reserved date to receive a check refund minus $8.00 processing fee. Less than 14 calendar days’ notice will result in 50% reservation fee penalty not including an additional $8.00 processing fee. Rain Out: Permit holder must call to obtain a full check or credit card refund for a rained out activity.
- Burlingame Residents can reserve up to one year in advance (State ID, Driver’s License, or Utility Bill is required for proof of residency). Non-Residents can only reserve 90 days in advance. Schools, churches, businesses or charitable organizations are considered residents by their Burlingame mailing addresses.
- The permit holder must be present during the activity and will be held financially accountable for all additional fees (which will be enforced by the City Attorney).
- You must have the permit with you the day of the activity. If another group is in your area, attempt to enforce. If they refuse to move, call the Burlingame Police Department at (650) 777-4100 to enforce your permit.
- Field Permit is needed for Ballfield (Small ballfield may be used on a first come, first serve basis if not being used by an authorized group)
- No Alcoholic Beverages, motor vehicles, or amplified music allowed in the parks.
- BBQ’s with grills 14’’ max. diameter are allowed on city provided tables, 23’’ max diameter allowed on level areas with at least 4’ of paved area on all sides, excess of 23’’ ONLY allowed with special permit and must be supervised at all times. Propane tanks may not be discarded in City garbage cans or recycling containers. BBQ’s must have a cover to suppress flames.
- Inflatable/air-blown/jumping devices no larger than 13x13 are allowed in Washington Park ONLY with rental of select picnic areas. (An Additional Fee of $109 is required, as well as, proof of liability insurance.)
- No petting zoos, pony rides, dog shows, or similar activities in any City park unless issued a special permit by the Director of Parks & Recreation. Additional fees may be required for a special use permit, if issued.
- No stakes, ropes, poles, or other securing devices are to be attached to any bushes or trees.
- No more than 2 volleyball nets can be set up in any City park at one time.
- Please leave the picnic area clean of garbage. As this is a public picnic area, in a “nature” setting, we suggest you bring disposable table cloths and a wire brush to clean off the BBQ grills.
- Groups are subject to observation by park personnel. Anyone giving false information about group size could result in denial of future requests.
- It is distinctly understood and agreed that the APPLICANT assumes all risks for loss, damage, liability, injury, cost, or expenses that may arise during or be caused in any way by such use or occupancy of the facilities of the City of Burlingame by their group or organization. The applicant further agrees that in consideration of being permitted to use said facilities, the applicant person, group or organization will hold the City of Burlingame and their employees free and harmless from any loss, including attorney fees, claims and liability for damages, and/or injuries to person and property that in any way may be caused by applicant’s group occupancy of said facilities.
- Applicant MUST be present the day of activity and possess the permit to show proof of reservation, if requested.
- ALL Burlingame parks are closed at and must be vacated by 9:00PM.