Field Rentals & Information
Click here for Sports Field Rental Fees
Field Closures - All natural turf athletic fields are closed during December, January and February. This closure enables the fields a chance to rest, as well as prevent damage to the fields during wet weather. Other field closures may occur for maintenance needs throughout the year. City staff will provide onsite notifications when fields are expected to be closed.
Rules and Regulations - For a complete set of the Rules & Regulations pertaining to City Parks, see the Municipal Code here.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Please pick-up all dog poop.
- Dogs are not allowed on the athletic fields outside the posted off leash hours at Washington and Cuernavaca.
- No smoking allowed within 20 feet of all athletic fields, playgrounds or courts (basketball, tennis, etc.)
- Personal Barbeques with grills up to 23" in maximum diameter are permitted to be used in City Parks on paved surfaces allowing for 4’ of paved area. Barbecues are not permitted on grass, areas covered with bark chips or within 20’ of playgrounds. Barbeques must be supervised and have a cover that can be used to suppress flames. Propane tanks, charcoal or wood must be taken off premises. Combustible fluids used to help start fire are not allowed at any time. Private barbeques are not permitted on Murray Field (Upper Bayside), Mills Canyon or Shorebird Sanctuary.
- No alcohol allowed.
- When baseball and softball fields have been dragged and lined for a game they are closed.
- Using City of Burlingame facilities for private business, i.e. lessons, is prohibited. Any and all exceptions require the approval of the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Burlingame Parks and Recreation Department events and programs
- All programs and activities offered/sponsored by a school district (with a joint use agreement with the City of Burlingame)
- Youth non-profit organizations (with preference to in season sports )
- Adult non-profit organizations
- For-profit groups
- Public Field Rentals