Construction of the South El Camino Real Water Main Improvements Project and Bayside Water Valve Replacement Project
began on July 26. The City’s contractor, Cratus Inc., has started to replace the existing water main and service lines along El Camino Real from Sanchez Avenue to Burlingame Avenue and from Howard Avenue to Peninsula Avenue. Access to and from El Camino Real will be limited during construction operations. Traffic control measures will be in place to direct traffic flow. Please use alternate routes, if possible. Construction activities will also include the replacement of four water valves at two different site locations. The first site is near Gilbreth Road and Stanton Road, and the second site is near Adrian Road and David Road. The work is anticipated to continue through early 2022.
What to Expect During Construction:
- Construction work hours on El Camino Real (Caltrans right-of-way) will be from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Temporary parking restrictions will be posted at least 48 hours in advance.
- There will be partial roadway closures within the active construction area. Plan for some short delays accessing properties or driveways. The contractor will temporarily place metal plates over open trenches to provide access when needed.
- There will be uneven pavement and metal plates between construction and re-paving activities.
- 48 hours advance notice will be given for temporary water shutoff, as required, to connect to existing infrastructure. We do not anticipate water shut off for more than 8 hours.
- Although your water and sewer service will not be interrupted without proper advance notification, you may be requested to minimize the use of toilets, showers, laundry machines, dishwashers, etc. while work is underway.
- The contractor should not need to enter your home. If there is a need to enter your home due to an emergency, the contractor will be accompanied by a City representative who will show proper identification.
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation. We will have a field inspector on site if you need any assistance due to project activities. If you have any questions, please contact the Project Inspector Jaime Hernandez at 707-494-9510.