BPL HOMEWORK CENTER
Monday-Wednesday, 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Tech Lab, Lower Level
BPL Homework Center is a free homework help program where students
in grades 1-6 receive assistance and mentoring from dedicated teen volunteer mentors.
Parents bringing their child for the first time will be asked to sign a permission form and
Homework Center agreement.
Click here to download the Rules & Guidelines
Click here to download the mandatory Permission Form to bring with you on the first day.
*Children under 10 yrs old must have a parent/guardian in the Library at all times*
(Questions? Please contact Jenny Miner, Teen & Children's Services Librarian, miner@ plsinfo.org)
- America: History & Life (Full Text): Information on the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present
- Biography Reference Center: Reliable full-text biographies
- California Missions eBooks Twenty California missions eBooks that can be read online, available free:
- Explora: Elementary School: (Grades K-5) Find topic overviews, articles from encyclopedias and magazines, biographies and more
- Explora: Middle School: (Grades 6 -8) Find topic overviews, articles from encyclopedias and magazines, biographies and more
- History Reference Center: Covering both U.S. and world history topics
- Literary Reference Center Plus: Information about authors and their writings
- Live Homework Help (Tutor.com) Free homework help from a live, online tutor (1pm-10pm PST every day)
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Dictionary with audio pronunciations
- Newspaper Source Plus: Provides full-text digital collection of the world's major news content
- Points of View Reference Center: Contains resources that present multiple sides of an issue
- Science Reference Center: Reference books, biographies and more information related to different science topics
- World Factbook Key facts, maps, statistics, demographics, and a nutshell history of many countries.