Resources for Businesses
- Peninsula Clean Energy allows businesses to operate on 100% renewable energy with the ECO100 rate. ECO100 is the easiest way a business can use 100% renewable energy without the hassle of installing solar power. Join other Burlingame businesses that signed up.
- San Mateo County Energy Watch offers businesses free energy audits and significant rebates for lighting upgrades and other energy improvements. Participating Burlingame businesses have seen their electricity bill drop by 30%. Check out Burlingame's seafood restaurant Fattoria Emare's success story here.
- Recology, Burlingame’s waste hauler, offers businesses free waste audits and resources to implement and improve recycling and composting.
- Green Citizen, a local e-waste recycling business in Burlingame, can pick up e-waste, like computers, screens, and printers from businesses for recycling.
- San Mateo County's Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle Guide for where to take unwanted items.
- Get $100 rebate per 3.5 gallons/flush toilet replaced with a high efficiency toilet.
- Burlingame provides five free shuttles, including two shuttles that run between Millbrae BART station and Burlingame’s hotels and downtown areas.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station grants and resources:
- Explore what and where to purchase environmentally preferred items via San Francisco Approved
San Mateo County Green Business program certifies businesses that incorporate green practices. Certified Green Businesses in Burlingame:
- City of Burlingame Main Library
- City of Burlingame Public Corps Yard
- Elm Advisors
- Merrill's Packaging Inc.
- San Mateo County/Silicon Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
- New England Lobster Market
- MacCorkle Insurance Service
- TRG Architects