The City has sent out a brochure letting residents in the flood zone know how they can prepare for a flood.
The City has placed the following FEMA brochures in the Building and Public Works Departments.
- Build Back Safer and Stronger
- Low-Cost Flood Insurance for Homeowners and Renters
- Low-Cost Flood Insurance for Businesses
- Summary of Coverage
- Condominium Coverage
- Flood Insurance Claims Handbook
The City has also placed the following FEMA documents for reference at the Burlingame Public Library.
- FEMA – 15: Design Guidelines for Flood Damage Reduction
- FEMA – 54: Elevated Residential Structures
- FEMA – 102: Flood Proofing Non-Residential Structures
- FEMA – 257: Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas
- FEMA – 268: Protecting Floodplain Resources
- FEMA – 347: Above the Flood
- FEMA – 511: Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding
- FEMA F – 084: Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program
- FEMA P – 55: Coastal Construction Manual
- FEMA P – 85: Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards
- FEMA P – 234: Repairing your Flooded Home (only available at the Library)
- FEMA P – 312: Homeowner’s Guide to Retrofitting
- FEMA P – 348: Protecting Building Utilities from Flood Damage