Stormwater Requirements for New Development and Redevelopment
Stormwater Control Plan Resources:
- C.3 Technical Guidance (Version 5.0) by the San Mateo Countywide Water Pollution Prevention Program. This handbook was designed to help developers, builders, and project sponsors include post-construction stormwater controls in their projects, in order to meet local municipal requirements that reduce the long term impacts of development on stormwater quality and creek channels.
- Flow Chart of the C.3 and C.6 Stormwater Review Process
- Plant List and Planting Guidance - suggested plants for landscape-based stormwater treatment measures.
- Requirements for Architectural Copper
- Requirements for PCBs in Building Demolition (coming soon)
- Construction BMP Plan Sheet (CAD version)
- Stormwater Construction Pollution Prevention Permit - required for most construction activities in Burlingame, including small projects (e.g. excavation work) and large projects (e.g. 1st or 2nd story additions or projects greater than 10,000 sf).
- Small Projects Checklist (last updated January 2019)
- C.3/C.6 Regulated Projects Checklist (last updated on January 2019)
- PCBs Screening Assessment Form (coming soon)
Ensure that your construction site has implemented best management practices. For additional construction-specific resources, please visit flowstobay.org/construction.
Operations and Maintenance Agreement
For projects that are over 10,000 square feet, an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Agreement must be completed and recorded with the San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder's Office. The O&M Agreement will consist of the following five items:
- A completed and signed Operation and Maintenance Agreement (download the O&M template here)
- Exhibit A: Legal Description of Property
- Exhibit B: Stormwater Management Plan with BMP section details
- Exhibit C: Maintenance Plan
- Exhibit D: Operation and Maintenance Verification Form
|Maintenance Plan Templates
(for Exhibit C)
|O&M Verification Form Templates
(for Exhibit D)
Annual Operation and Maintenance Verification
The City of Burlingame requires property owners to keep stormwater treatment measures in good repair. City staff will periodically inspect these treatment measures for proper operation and maintenance.
How to Comply:
1. Identify where your stormwater treatment measures are located. Consult the fact sheets below for pictures of each stormwater treatment measure and information on how to maintain it.
2. Inspect and maintain your stormwater treatment measures. Complete the operation and maintenance verification form (see below).
3. Take photos of your stormwater treatment measure. After conducting routine maintenance, take a photo of your stormwater treatment measure.
4. Submit your completed verification form and photos to the City.
To submit by email: email@example.com
To submit by mail: City of Burlingame, Public Works Department, 501 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA 94010
||Verification Forms (due annually)|