Bayfront Cleanup Day
The Burlingame Bayfront Cleanup Day is an annual waterway and land cleanup held on the third Saturday of September. It overlaps with the California Coastal Cleanup Day, which is the largest volunteer event that brings the community together in removing trash from our waterways and protecting our marine environment. Fun fact: the 2018 Bayfront Cleanup Day reported over 355 volunteers, with 0.8 miles of the bayfront cleaned, and collectively picked up over 3,290 gallons of trash and 944 gallons of recyclables in only a three hours!
RSVP for the 2019 Bayfront Cleanup Event!
When: Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Where: We will have 2 locations this year: Bayfront Park and 150 Anza Boulevard (behind Embassy Suites).
How: RSVP for 150 Anza Boulevard. The Bayfront Park location is at capacity.
- Waiver Forms (Individual: English or Spanish. Group: English or Spanish.) Every participant is required to sign a waiver form. To make your check in faster, print, sign and bring the following waiver form with you on the day of the event. All volunteers under the age of 18 must have the waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian before participating in a cleanup.
- Reusable bucket to collect trash and help us reduce the amount of single-use plastic bags. We will provide dumpsters so you can discard what you collect and bring your bucket home.
- Gardening or work gloves. Help us reduce the amount of disposable plastic gloves provided at the cleanup by bringing your own gloves.
- Filled, reusable water bottle to stay hydrated at the cleanup.
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes and sun protection (sunscreen, sunglasses, or a hat).
- Lunch! As a way of saying thanks, we will be providing sandwiches and dessert for our volunteers at the 150 Anza Boulevard cleanup location (courtesy of our sponsors).
- Water to refill your reusable water bottle.
- Extra waiver forms, plastic bags, and plastic gloves.
Interested in sponsoring or helping set up for the event? Please email Jennifer Lee at email@example.com or call 650-558-7381.
Check out our photo album from the 2018 Bayfront Cleanup Event by clicking the image below.