Bayfront Cleanup Day
The Burlingame Bayfront Cleanup Day is an annual waterway and land cleanup held on the third Saturday of September. It overlaps with the California Coastal Cleanup Day, which is the largest volunteer event that brings the community together in removing trash from our waterways and protecting our marine environment.
Fun fact: the 2019 California Coastal Cleanup Day, the state's largest annual volunteer event, reported over 59,772 volunteers who collectively picked up 469,100 pounds of trash and an additional 33,611 pounds of recyclable materials for a total of 251 tons!
2019 Bayfront Cleanup Day Results:
- 3 cleanup locations along the SF Bay (150 Anza Blvd., Bayfront Park, and Mills Creek)
- Over 400 volunteers of all ages participated
- 2 miles of bayfront cleaned
- 1,500 gallons of trash removed
- 700 gallons of recyclables removed
- Interesting items found include bicycles, tires, and a plastic duck!
Thank you to everyone who came out for the Burlingame Bayfront Cleanup Day. It is incredible to see how much trash we can remove from our waterways in just 3 hours!
Check out our photo album from the 2019 Bayfront Cleanup Event by clicking the image below