Bayfront Cleanup Day
The Burlingame Bayfront Cleanup Day will be different this year to keep everyone safe during COVID-19. Instead of participating in large groups, your household is encouraged to dedicate one or more Saturdays in September to picking up litter in your neighborhood while following social distancing protocols.
- Saturday, September 5 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Please make sure to abide by the County's Health Order by wearing a face covering and gloves while picking litter on the street, in a park, or near storm drains.
How to Report:
Report the litter you collected using an app called Clean Swell (available on the Apple Store or Google Play). The litter your household collects will help contribute to the total amount of litter picked up in San Mateo County during the event.
Picking up litter in your community before it makes its way down a storm drain keeps trash from entering the San Francisco Bay. Because our storm drains are not connected to any wastewater treatment plant, this means that litter won't be removed unless we do it! Remember, only rain down the storm drain.
2019 Bayfront Cleanup Day Results:
- 3 cleanup locations along the SF Bay (150 Anza Blvd., Bayfront Park, and Mills Creek)
- Over 400 volunteers of all ages participated
- 2 miles of bayfront cleaned
- 1,500 gallons of trash removed
- 700 gallons of recyclables removed
- Interesting items found include bicycles, tires, and a plastic duck!
Thank you to everyone who came out for the Burlingame Bayfront Cleanup Day. It is incredible to see how much trash we can remove from our waterways in just 3 hours!
Bayfront Cleanup Photo Album
Check out photos from the 2019 Bayfront Cleanup Event by clicking the image below.