Reducing noise and air pollution
In July 2012 the Burlingame City Council passed an ordinance regulating leaf blowers. The ordinance addresses the health risks of high decibel noise pollution and allergenic particulate matter blown into the air by leaf blowers by reducing the number of days blowers may be used in each neighborhood.
City regulations require the following:
- Commercial blowers may be used on only ONE day per week, per area, with an extra day for R3 and R4 buildings.
- Residents may use their own blowers on Saturdays from 9am to 2pm and Sundays from 10am to 2pm, as well as on their assigned weekday.
- Commercial blowers must display a sticker, issued by the Department of Public Works, certifying that the machinery is < 65 decibels.
- Leaf Blower Ordinance Informational flyer (includes map)
- Leaf Blowers Listed at < 65 decibels
- Leaf Blowing Operation Map
- Leaf Blower Ordinance
- Leaf Blower Regulations Reminder English version & Spanish version