Forms, Applications & Fees
Listed below are the most common forms needed to make an application to the Planning Commission or Planning Division. For more information on the specific planning application process, please call the Planning Division at 650-558-7250.
Application to the Planning Commission
Conditional Use Permit Application Form - A conditional use permit is issued by the Planning Commission for certain proposed uses requiring special review, as well as for certain accessory structures. As part of the approval process, the Planning Commission may impose conditions with respect to, but not limited to, location, operation, maintenance or occupation. A conditional use permit applies to a particular use only, may not be transferable with the property, and expires if the use is discontinued.
Special Permit Application Form - A special permit is issued by the Planning Commission for projects such as, but not limited to, single-family homes with designs which fall within a certain range of height, exceed the declining height envelope, or have an attached garage. The permit approval is based on findings related to architectural compatibility and neighborhood integration. The permit applies to physical structures only and expires when the structure is demolished.
Variance Application Form - A variance is issued by the Planning Commission for projects such as, but not limited to, those which do not meet code parking, setbacks, or landscape requirements. A variance is awarded by the Planning Commission based on findings related to physical hardships on a property. A variance runs with the land and may be for a specific time.
Commercial Application Supplemental Form
Commercial Linkage Fees - Commercial linkage fees are required for new retail, hotel, and office development. Please refer to Chapter 25.81 of the Burlingame Municipal Code.
Residential Development Impact Fees - Residential development impact fees are required for new multifamily residential development. These fees apply to rental projects with 11 or more units and for sale projects with 7 or more units. Please refer to Chapter 25.82 of the Burlingame Municipal Code.
Sign Review Guidelines and Submittal Instructions - A building permit is required for new signs and changing the copy of existing signs. Please refer to Chapter 22 of the Burlingame Municipal Code for the definition of a sign.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category
Forms Applications and Fees22 documents
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Guidelines
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Submittal Requirements
- Adopted ADU Ordinance and Related Code Sections
- Application Fees
- Application to the Planning Commission
- Commercial Application Supplemental Form
- Commercial Design Review Submittal Requirements
- Conditional Use Permit Application Form
- Environmental Information Form
- Fence Exception Application Form
- Hillside Area Construction Permit Application Guidelines
- Home Occupation Permit
- Master Fee Schedule
- Minor Modification Application Guidelines
- Planning Commission Submittal Requirements (General)
- Planning Department Tree List
- Residential Design Review Submittal Requirements
- Sign Area Calculations - Informational Handout
- Sign Review Guidelines and Submittal Instructions
- Sign Variance Application Form
- Special Permit Application Form
- Variance Application Form