Forms, Applications & Fees
Listed below are the most common forms needed to make an application to the Planning Commission. For more information on the specific planning application process, please call the Planning Division at 650-558-7250.
Conditional Use Permit Application Form - A conditional use permit is issued by the Planning Commission for certain proposed uses requiring special review, as well as for certain accessory structures. As part of the approval process, the Planning Commission may impose conditions with respect to, but not limited to, location, operation, maintenance or occupation. A conditional use permit applies to a particular use only, may not be transferable with the property, and expires if the use is discontinued.
Special Permit Application Form - A special permit is issued by the Planning Commission for projects such as, but not limited to, single-family homes with designs which fall within a certain range of height, exceed the declining height envelope, or have an attached garage. The permit approval is based on findings related to architectural compatibility and neighborhood integration. The permit applies to physical structures only and expires when the structure is demolished.
Variance Application Form - A variance is issued by the Planning Commission for projects such as, but not limited to, those which do not meet code parking, setbacks, or landscape requirements. A variance is awarded by the Planning Commission based on findings related to physical hardships on a property. A variance runs with the land and may be for a specific time.
Commercial Application Supplemental Form
Commercial Linkage Fees - Commercial linkage fees are required for new retail, hotel, and office development. Please refer to Chapter 25.81 of the Burlingame Municipal Code.
Sign Permit Application - A sign permit is required for every change of copy. Please refer to Chapter 22 of the Burlingame Municipal Code for the definition of a sign.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category
Forms Applications and Fees20 documents
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Submittal Requirements
- Application Fees
- Application to the Planning Commission
- Commercial Application Supplemental Form
- Commercial Design Review Submittal Requirements
- Conditional Use Permit Application Form
- Environmental Information Form
- Fence Exception Application Form
- Hillside Area Construction Permit Application Guidelines
- Home Occupation Permit
- Master Fee Schedule
- Minor Modification Application Guidelines
- Planning Commission Submittal Requirements (General)
- Planning Department Tree List
- Residential Design Review Submittal Requirements
- Sign Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application Submittal Instructions
- Sign Variance Application Form
- Special Permit Application Form
- Variance Application Form