Private Property Complaints
The City Code Compliance Officer addresses code violations related to private property including:
- Junk, trash & debris on private properties
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles on private properties
- Graffiti on private properties
- Weeds & overgrown vegetation
- Substandard and/or un-safe structures
- Referred cases or complaints from the City’s Building, Planning, and/or Public Works departments
How to file a complaint
Individuals who seek to file a complaint about any of the topics above are encouraged to email or call the City’s Code Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-558-7208. Be prepared to provide the location and description of the complaint. Complaints may be made anonymously. However, reporting individuals are encouraged to provide contact information so that the Code Compliance Officer can provide status updates or other helpful correspondence.
Residents seeking to submit a complaint in person are encouraged to make an appointment since the Compliance Officer is a part-time position, and the Officer is often out investigating issues throughout the City.