Virtual Town Hall
Topic: Burlingame City Town Hall
Time: Mar 24, 2020 05:15 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Click below to view a video of the Virtual Town Hall.
The City Council will host a Virtual Town Hall on Zoom. Zoom is a teleconferencing tool that will enable users to watch and/or call from their computers or phones to hear live updates about the COVID-19 situation. This tool is free.
If you don't have a computer or mobile device, you can call in using your landline; use the number below and follow the prompts.
The Town Hall will give you a chance to ask about the current shelter in place, COVID-19, the City’s role, and where to find more information.
Asking questions in the Town Hall
There are multiple ways to ask questions in the Town Hall.
1. Joining the meeting via mobile device/computer
At the bottom of your screen, if you click on participants you will then have the option to “raise hand.” This will alert the City that you have a question. You may also send a question via chat. At the bottom of your screen you will be able to send a chat message to the host. The host will then read your question for the City representative to answer.
If you are not utilizing the Zoom app or video portion of the meeting but instead are calling in, you can still ask questions by emailing email@example.com. This email account will be checked throughout the meeting.
3. Unable to attend, but want to ask a question
Email your question in ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your question via twitter @BurlingameCity or Facebook @BurlingameCityHall
The meeting will be recorded, and it will be posted on the City’s website afterwards.
Here is the zoom meeting information:
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/666223390?pwd=UG51SFlGVDhqTmtxRTJZd2NESXh4QT09.
Meeting ID: 666 223 390
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,666223390# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 666 223 390
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/atO2Zps4o
There are multiple ways to join a zoom meeting:
- Before joining the virtual Town Hall we suggest downloading the Zoom App on your computer or mobile device. Otherwise you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click on the above link.
- For specific instructions for your device, go to: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
- If you don’t have a computer or mobile device, you can call in using your landline; use the number above and follow the prompts.